One of the best ways to improve or maintain your overall health is through the proper care and maintenance of your teeth. Having a beautiful smile that you can express to others will not only improve your confidence and self-esteem, but it will also add significantly to your overall quality of life. One of the best ways to accomplish this is through the using the treatments and procedures provided by today’s prosthodontists.
What is a Prosthodontist?
Prosthodontists are dental experts who specialize in the replacement and restoration of teeth; they transform smiles and help teeth function properly and as they should.
Becoming a prosthodontist requires several years of schooling and training. They must first complete four years of dental schooling and training from a qualified school, and then they must complete an additional three years of highly specialized training from an accredited American Dental Association Graduate Program.
Today, prosthodontists are one of the nine specialties of dentistry recognized by the American Dental Association; they frequently lead teams of experienced general dentists and specialists in developing solutions for your dental requirements.
The Replacement of Tooth Loss:
The loss of teeth can be a traumatic experience for any individual, and whether the loss was caused by an accident or through the process of aging, it can have a significant impact on the quality and outlook of your life. In fact, simple daily pleasures such as dining out or even smiling at others can be a source of self-consciousness and embarrassment; however, by accessing the help of an experienced prosthodontist who perform a number of procedures and treatments, individuals can quickly regain their smile and confidence, improving their overall quality of life. A few of these treatments and procedures include:
- Repairing broken or discolored teeth
- Placing ceramic crowns on teeth – also referred to as ‘caps’
- Concealing defects in teeth with the use of veneers
- Changing the tooth’s surface and shape
- Close unwanted gaps between teeth
- Brighten and whiten an individual’s smile thorough the process of bleaching
By accessing the help of a qualified and experienced prosthodontist, individuals have several additional options that include but are not limited to the following:
- Replacement of tooth loss
- Dental Implants
- Complex dental care management that requires multiple specialists
- Caring for traumatic injuries of the teeth and mouth
- Removable partial dentures
- Addressing sleep and snoring disorders
- Oral cancer reconstruction and other maxillofacial prosthetic treatments
- Addressing temporomandibular joint syndrome disorder
- Aiding children who were born with missing teeth and/or cleft palate
As it is clear to see, there are several methods and procedures that prosthodontists are able focus to their area of expertise on. By utilizing their rigorous training and experience, these dentists have extensive knowledge and understanding of the dynamics involved in a smile and how to preserve the teeth and mouth as well.
If you feel that your teeth, smile, or mouth could use some improvements that will significantly and positively impact your confidence and overall quality of life, please contact Dr. Yakubov today. His expertise and combined experience is unsurpassed, he can help you regain the smile and confidence you deserve.